Just like Rome wasn’t built in a day, setting up your home is also a gradual process. You select each furniture item after putting in a decent amount of thought about aesthetics and expenses. More often than not, one of the first items that you will buy for your home is a bed. Buying a bed is a crucial decision as a wrong choice can lead to sleeplessness at nights and health problems like back and neck pains. Moreover, you would want to put your money into a product that will last you a long time.
To ensure that you are making the right choice, there are a few aspects that you can consider. For instance, you may try looking for the right material of the bed and a sturdy bed frame. However, as you venture out to buy a bed, you will come across different types of bed frames.
In this article, let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of buying a bed with a metal frame.
- One of the key metal bed frame benefits is its low maintenance. Firstly, insects and pests do not impact metal. Secondly, they are not as prone to fire as a wooden bed.
- Cleaning a metal bed is as simple as it can get. You only need to wipe it with a damp cloth, and you are done. It is also the reason why they have become so popular with the masses.
- Another reason why metal is one of the best types of bed frames is its versatility. It comes in several types of colours, finishes and designs. Whether you like a contemporary, vintage or modern design; you will find something crafted as per your likes and preferences. Similarly, you can get options with beautiful headboards and footboards.
- Metal bed frames have a solid built and are durable. An investment in a metal bed frame will last you a long time. Since metal is heavy, it doesn’t crumble under the weight of sleepers. However, it is essential to dig deeper to get the best quality for your money.
- Are you looking for a bed for your children’s room? In that case, buying a metal bed is the best option as you can get them cast in the design of your choice.
- A metal bed is more economical and will cost you lesser than a wooden bed.
- If you have too many items scattered around your home, you can explore the idea of storage bed benefits. You will get plenty of storage bed options in metal, and hydraulic lifts make it easier to operate them.
- You get the option of buying metal beds with wheels for easy movements. Besides, you can choose a metal bed which can be easily dismantled if you are certain of moving houses in the future.
- Although metal beds have sturdy types of bed frames, a lot depends upon the quality of workmanship. Poor quality of welding will not have the strength to handle the weight and thus, will not last long.
- Metal beds are heavy and may pose challenges as you move houses or get a paint job. Not only is it difficult to lift and move them, screwing and unscrewing them is also not easy.
- Despite all the advantages, metal beds are highly susceptible to creaking noises. As the metal beds are more likely to pull apart, there are good chances that they will creak at some point during their life.
- Since metal has the property to absorb and retain heat, it may not be the ideal solution if you live in extreme weather temperatures. However, you can use them if you have temperature control systems in your room.
- Despite investing in the best metal bed frame, you may find it rusting and the paint wearing off. This problem is particularly more likely to surface in humid cities.
- Metal beds are not an ideal option if you are looking to add elegance to your room. A wooden bed have cleaner lines and intricate carving. Moreover, a wooden bed is the right choice if you want a material that is not too harsh on the eyes.
- Metal beds are difficult to recycle and thus not environmentally-friendly. More often than not, they end up in landfills. It may become a challenge to dispose of your metal bed when you want to replace it.
This article offers adequate information if you want to know more about the types of bed frames. By specifically providing information about metal bed frame benefits and disadvantages, it is a guide that will help you in making the right decision. However, if you choose to go ahead with a wooden bed and also enjoy storage bed benefits, you can check out Wakefit. They offer elegant and sturdy options that are long-lasting. Moreover, the assembly is simple and does not require any professional help.